- Blackboard Upgrade will take place on Saturday, May 17, 2014. The system will be unavailable on this day.
- Jam Session
- Join us on Thursday, April 17, 2014 at noon in Room C204 for an interactive session to look at some key Blackboard features that you may not know about!
- Monday, May 12, 2014 from 12:00 – 2:00 PM
- Wednesday, April 23, 2014 from 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM at UMass Collaborative Services Facility
Workshops and Information Sessions
- Look for upcoming information sessions to preview the new features coming to Blackboard as part of the upgrade! This year’s Blackboard upgrade to Service Pack 14 provides many useful enhancements to existing tools and a few new tools. For example, the new test exception feature makes it easier to adjust test settings for individual students such as students who may need extended testing time. The new Date Management feature allows you to quickly update availability and due dates after performing a course copy all from one location. Group management is quicker and easier and the inline grading side-bar has been added to additional tools like blogs and discussions. The new Quick Links button makes it easier to navigate Blackboard with a screen reader making Blackboard more accessible and the new Achievements tool adds the ability to recognize students with badges and certificates. Take a look at what’s new in Blackboard Learn 9.1 Service Pack 14!
- Bb Content Collection – View the new interactive training on using Blackboard Content Collection and Blackboard Drive by logging into Blackboard and enrolling in the Blackboard Content Management Training self-enroll mini course. You can locate this course by going to the Course tab in Blackboard and clicking the link for Self-Enroll Mini Courses under Course Catalog. The interactive training is intended as a supplement to group workshops on using Content Collection and Blackboard Drive, which will help to streamline your course management process. The workshops will be scheduled in the next few weeks, and will be offered throughout the summer. The self-paced interactive training may serve as a substitute for the group workshops for those who complete the training with a passing score. By the start of the Fall 2014 semester, all course on Blackboard will be structured according to the more efficient Blackboard Content Management system, so please make some time to review this training. The first round of trainings for Content Collection and Blackboard Drive are targeting those who are teaching the summer sessions. If you are slated to teach beginning in May and June, look for an email with additional details. Workshops will be posted on the CIT Website as well.
MCO Conference June 4, 2014
Tips and Resources
- Can you flip an online class? The flipped classroom model can help us design more interactive and engaging online learning experiences, and online classes can help us expand on what it means to flip. Read more: Can you Flip an Online Class?
- Blackboard Suggestion Box: Share your suggestions to Blackboard
- Blackboard Community Programs: Idea Exchange, Teaching Series, etc.
Reading and Articles of Interest
- Creating Interactive Lessons – Penn State Adopts Doceri iPad Whiteboard Throughout its Campuses
Contact CIT to learn more about NECC faculty that are using Doceri in their classrooms.
Connect with us on Facebook