Blackboard Unavailable: Saturday, May 17, 2014.
- The system will be unavailable for 12 to 18 hours on that day. Please take a moment to learn about the enhancements of existing features, and see the exciting new features that have been added to make the user experience better!
- iTeach Celebration Luncheon, Course Showcase and Welcome to Community of Online TeachersMonday, May 12, 2014 from 12:00 – 2:00 PM in Haverhill, Rm. C208
- Massachusetts Colleges Online Conference:
June 4that Bridgewater State University The Massachusetts Colleges Online Conference on eLearning: Sharing Best Practices allows attendees to explore, discuss, and understand how colleges and universities in Massachusetts are exploring online education to improve teaching, learning, interacting, and communicating with our students. For registration information contact Melba Acevedo
Workshops and Information Sessions
Bb Content CollectionBy the start of the Fall 2014 semester, all courses on Blackboard will be structured according to the more efficient Blackboard Content Management system, so please make some time to review this training.
The first round of trainings for Content Collection and Blackboard Drive are targeting those who are teaching the summer sessions. If you are slated to teach beginning in May and June, CIT will be offering the following on-site training:
- Tuesdays in Haverhill C204 from 1-3pm
- Thursday in Lawrence at 420 Common St., room L-308 from 1-3pm.
Registration is not necessary, but arriving on time is important. We ask that you attend a session that allows you to arrive on or before 1pm. These training sessions will run each Tuesday and Thursday starting on April 29th and continuing through the month of May. If you are unable to attend a training session, consider trying out the online tutorial found in the Blackboard Self-Enroll Mini course, Blackboard Content Management Training
Tips and Resources
- The Blackboard upgrade to Service Pack 14 on May 17 provides many useful enhancements to existing tools and a few new tools. Take a look at what’s new in Blackboard Learn 9.1 Service Pack 14!
Reading and Articles of Interest
- ITC 2013 Distance Education Survey Results: Trends in eLearning: Tracking the Impact of eLearning at Community CollegesThe report outlines the following key events in 2013
- Continued Growth for Online, Despite Overall College Enrollment Decline
- The Rise and Decline of MOOCs
- Open Educational Resources (OERs)
- Federal Interest in Distance Education Heating Up
- Department of Education Threatens Online Learning to Respond to Financial Aid Fraud Rings
- State Authentication Update
- State Authorization for Institutions Offering Distance Education to Out-of-State Students
- Observations and Trends